Cristiano Ronaldo has won the fifth Ballon d’Or of his career, equalling Lionel Messi’s record after a season that saw him lead Real Madrid to their 12th Champions League title.
The 32-year-old, who moved level with Messi at the top of the all-time Champions League group stage goalscorers leaderboard on Wednesday after helping Madrid to beat Borussia Dortmund, was presented with his award in Paris on Thursday having just pipped his perennial rival.
Tottenham’s Harry Kane was the highest-ranked Englishman in 10th spot, while Chelsea’s N’Golo Kanté finished eighth.
More to follow…
2017 Ballon d’Or final standings
1. Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid)
2. Lionel Messi (Barcelona)
3. Neymar (Paris Saint-Germain)
4. Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus)
5. Luka Modric (Real Madrid)
6. Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid)
7. Kylian Mbappé (Paris Saint-Germain)
8. N’Golo Kanté (Chelsea)
9. Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich)
10. Harry Kane (Tottenham)
Source: Guardian UK
The post Cristiano Ronaldo beats Messi to win fifth Ballon d’Or appeared first on Ghana News.